The JEM-1400 microscope is a high-performance, high-contrast TEM, with excellent imaging and ease of use. With an acceleration voltage of 40 to 120kV and two digital cameras, the JEM-1400 is suitable for both biological applications and for polymer and materials science.
What can be done with it?
- Structural characterization of materials (especially dedicated to biological materials).
- Great versatility of use for research in organic fabrics, polymers or materials science.
- Obtaining of images with great depth of field and excellent definition.
- Morphological and size information (TEM).
- Chemical mapping (STEM).
- Semi-quantitative compositional analysis (EDX).
- Compact footprint and simplified GUI with multitouch screen for optimal ease of use.
- Optimized for high contrast imaging for biological, low Z, and materials science applications.
- 70º tilt with support for dual axis tomography.
- Automated tomography from multiple points.
- Large scale montaging.
- STEM and large area SDD-EDS available.
- 5-axis Microactive Goniometer, supports cryo holders.
- Remote operation and data viewing for collaboration.
- LaB6 emitter standard.