The Leica DCM 3D system with dual core technology has been designed for fast, non-invasive assessment of micro and nano structures of technical surfaces, in multiple configurations.
The DCM 3D combines confocal and interferometry technology for high speed and high-resolution measurements down to 0.1nm.
And, the micro display confocal technology, with no moving parts, measures a variety of materials and provides confocal and bright field images simultaneously.
USES OF THE EQUIPMENT
- Roughness calculation
- Odontology and dentitry samples Analysis
- Surface quality
- 3D topography
- Analysis of plastic, ceramic and metal samples
- Roughness / friction measurements
- Peak-valley analysis
- Forensic Analysis
- Solar cells
- Transparent layers
- Confocal and Interferometry — dual core technology for high-speed measurements and high-resolution, from 0.1 nm to 10 mm.
- Interferometry PSI and VSI — provides the highest precision measurement of surfaces, with sub-nanometer resolution.
- Micro display confocal technology — confocal and bright-field imaging of the same area simultaneously.
- Fast, non-destructive 3D measurements — no sample preparation necessary (unlike what is needed for Scanning Electron Microscopy).
- Optical / non-contact 3D surface measurement
- Optical resolution (x/y) up to 0.15 μm possible
- Vertical resolution in confocal mode <3 nm
- Vertical resolution possible in interference mode <0.1 nm
- Maximum sample weight 10 kg
- Maximum sample height approx. 150 mm