This equipment offers a perfect combination of features that make it fundamental for the study of almost any type of material: (1) high spin for detailed study of the reciprocal network; (2) high resolution in image mode; (3) composition analysis By XEDS (X-Ray Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy); (4) chemical mapping in STEM (Scanning-Transmission Electron Microscopy) mode. The most versatile tool available within transmission electron microscopy in materials science and, therefore, a prerequisite for the use of other higher resolution equipment (JEOL JEM-3000F).
What can be done with it?
- Structural characterization of materials (biological, polymers, nanotubes, nanofibers, etc..).
- Obtaining of morphological and size information (TEM).
- Chemical mapping (STEM).
- Semi-quantitative compositional analysis (EDX).
- Acceleration voltaje 200kV.
- LaB6 gun.
- Point resolution 0.25 nm.
- STEM unit with ADF detector.
- CCD ORIUS SC1000 (Model 882).
- Goniometers: single tilt ±42, double tilt ±42/ ±30.
- Goniometers for tomography: high tilt ±80.
- XEDS (OXFORD INCA).