Ubicación:Location: lma - zaragoza
What can be done with it?
Image (0.07nm resolution):
Size, morphology and Crystalline Structure information (TEM and STEM modes, electron diffraction).
Composition: Scanning-Transmission Imaging with a High Angle Annular Dark Field detector (STEM-HAADF). The contrast in the image depends on the atomic number (Z-contrast). Energy Filtered TEM (EFTEM) yields information about a specific element.
3D reconstruction: Electron tomography.
- X-Ray (EDS) and Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopies (EELS).
- Combined with the STEM mode: chemical composition with spatial resolution: composition maps and profiles with atomic resolution.
Vector Field analysis:
- Electric and magnetic field studies by Electron Holography.
- Magnetic domain studies: Lorentz Microscopy.
- Stress and strain studies by HRTEM imaging.
In-Situ physical properties measurements:
- Changes of crystalline phase (Electron diffraction).
- Defect structure by bright field/dark field imaging (BF/DF) and Weak Beam imaging (WBDF).
- STEM: As this microscope is devoted for STEM and EELS experiments, it is equipped with a CESCOR Cs-probe corrector from CEOS Company allowing for the formation of an electron probe of 0.09 nm mean size. The TEM is equipped with all the STEM facilities (BF, DF, ADF and HAADF detectors) and 0.09 nm spatial resolution has indeed been achieved in STEM-HAADF mode.
- EELS and EDS: For EELS experiments, the microscope is fitted with a Gatan Energy Filter Tridiem 866 ERS and a monochromator. An energy resolution of 0.14 eV can be achieved with this setup. In addition, an EDS (EDAX) detector allows performing EDX experiments in scanning mode with a spatial resolution of about ~0.2 nm.
- Lorentz and holography: in addition to the above described analytical capabilities, the Titan STEM corrected microscope is fitted with a Lorentz lens and an electrostatic biprism allowing Lorentz and medium resolution electron holography experiments to be carried out in a field-free environment (as needed for magnetic materials studies).
- Tomography: a tomography set-up with a +/- 70° single tilt stage permits to perform 3D reconstructions either in TEM or STEM modes.